Saturday, January 10, 2015

THE 2014 ROLLER COASTER RIDE


 Before starting to blog about fashion and style this 2015, I would like to have a quick review of my life last 2014. A lot of things have happened last year. Part of which includes achievements, happy moments, extra challenges, and most of all, lessons. I can say it was my best year yet. Every circumstance during the whole year makes me want to top my own experiences for this 2015. I have not made any new year's resolution because I know that knowing who i am is enough to do things right. I just need to do what I have to do to achieve what I desire. It’s my one principle that keeps me going.

Anyway, I have made so many plans already both for my after graduation career and blogging career. I know my blog is a little boring because I don’t get to write about more things. I’m stuck on posting my own sensible style without noticing what my growing audience would want to see and read about. In celebration of my 2rd year blogging, this upcoming February 25, different kinds of post will be published. It’s going to be a surprise so please keep in touch.

To review my year, here’s what happened during my 2014 roller coaster ride. 

 Let me start with the two major achievements last year. The first one was winning the first ever tittle of Hiyas Hong Bading 2014 a gay beauty pageant last November 22, 2014 showcasing beauty, talent, poise and grace, and intellect. I was luckily crowned without any expectations. :)
August 2014 has been good to me as well. I together with a team competed to the first ever Le Marte Congress in the Fashion Crew competition. Every team was composed of a model, hair dresser, make up artist, photographer, and me as a fashion stylist. There were three levels to compete for and luckily we get through all the elimination levels and won 1st runner up of the Fashion Crew competition. 

 This is my first design for the Contemporary Photo shoot. A Philippine national costume made out of Newspapers. This is the official photo on the first round modeled by Keena Mae Delma, shot by Julius Budlat, hair dressed by John Lorete, and make up by Bong.
 Making it through the first round was absolutely unexpected. The second round happens to be a fashion show pulling out clothes from Mags PH. So this is how I throw every piece up and is the key for us to get through the round.
 The competition ended with a red carpet show round where all the fashion stylist were a given two pieces one meter each black and white cloth and have a 45 minute design dress for red carpet. This is how I made it. And as a result, we got the first place out of the 50 crew who competed with us.
 It was one heck of a travel last year though. Together with these girlfriends we enjoyed shopping and night life in Cagayan de Oro City which happens to be the venue of the competition. :)


These are some random photos taken when I had my internship in TV5 Cebu last summer 2014.















It was a heck of experience. I was able to stretch the whole summer with my friends and family. :)

More photos of some important event last 2014. :)

 One of the FSUU Fuzzion Viva La France 2014 Designer.
 Newspaper gown for my niece.
 MY last League of Campus Organization party. Not to mention the sporty OOTD.
 And finally, a Bella Boy Official model. I will also have it published this year. :)

That's all for 2014. It was such one unforgettable year for me. ;)



  Thank you for taking some time to read. See you soon. :) 
Special thanks to....
Ree Maslog - Editor



















16 comments:

  1. Wow..a lot of achievements!
    May 2015 be more productive for u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow rinx! seems like 2014 was a very wonderful and interesting year for you! i wish you all the best this year. Happy New Year! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had an amazing 2014. Congrats on winning sa pageant, you should try joining more like Amazing Philippines or kaya Manila's 5! Have an amazing new week!

    xoxo;
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
    Like On Facebook
    Follow On Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kenny. ahahahahahaha. Hindi ko na kaya yung big shows Kenny kase hindi masyadong qualified and aura ko. hindi feminine. hehe. For experience purposes lang naman. Mwaaaah. :*

      Delete
  4. Congrats again, Rinx. 2014 was a great and amazing year for you, I hope 2015 will be even better. Happy New Year to you may it be filled with love and endless happiness.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a really great 2014. Congrats on winning the pageant! You looked great!! Here's to a great 2015, looking forward to reading your blog in the new year.

    Sarah
    sarahjustinestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had an amazing year and I can't wait to see all what you acheive in 2015!
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You are so beautiful. And your designs? -STUNNING! You are one impressive individual. I'm sure 2015 will be so good to you!

    xoxx, Monica
    F&ML: Fashion And My Life

    ReplyDelete